Support Resources for Families and Staff
We recognize that the mental health of our students and their families is of concern for many as we come out of the pandemic. The past school year has been challenging as we faced unprecedented change in our daily lives, routines, and social interactions. Students and families may find themselves in crisis situations that require immediate action. It is important to us that you are aware of local resources that can provide support throughout the entire year, including during the summer.
Below please find a list of local and national support services that are available to you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you or someone you know is in need of support. Please know that we as a school district family are here for you, as well as these dedicated local and national resources.
CommUnity Crisis Services & Mobile Crisis Outreach: Mobile Crisis operates in our community as a mental health crisis response. CommUnity Crisis Services & Food Bank has counselors equipped to help individuals struggling with a wide variety of issues. If you or someone you know is in emotional distress, thinking of suicide, or experiencing overwhelming mental health symptoms, Mobile Crisis is there to respond to you in person.
- To contact the Mobile Crisis team, please call 1-855-800-1239 and ask to meet with Mobile Crisis counselors.
- Crisis Phone/Text: 1-855-325-4296
- Food Bank: 319-351-0128
Johnson County Social Services
- Phone: 1-888-338-6067
- Website: https://www.johnsoncountyiowa.gov/dept_soc_ser.aspx?id=23165
United Action for Youth
- Phone: 319-338-7518
- Website: https://www.unitedactionforyouth.org/
- Phone: 319-364-0259
- Website: https://www.fouroaks.org/
- Phone: 319-351-5437
- Website: https://www.childserve.org/
- Phone: 319-330-9883
- Website: https://www.iccompassion.org/
Abbe Mental Health Center
- Phone: (319) 338-7884
- Website: https://www.unitypoint.org/cedarrapids/abbe-mental-health-center.aspx
University of Iowa - Mental Health & Suicide Prevention Resources
- Website: https://mentalhealth.uiowa.edu/mental-health-resources/
- Website: https://uichildrens.org/health-library/suicidal-adolescent-family-empowerment-safe-program
National Suicide Hotline
- Phone: 1-800-273-8255
- Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
If you or someone you know has attempted suicide or is facing imminent physical harm, please call 911 immediately.
We truly hope that you have a safe and healthy summer. Please remember that we are here for you and we look forward to welcoming students back on August 23.